Wednesday, August 22, 2012

LESSONS LEARNT



This is just a little something I felt like writing...

For those of you who don't know, I have been styling fashion for the past two and a bit years. Before that I interned and worked at various fashion companies and have put my heart and soul into everything I do. I absolutely LOVE my work, the good and the bad bits to it.

This industry is a mixed up one for sure. It is hard to break into and surely a challenge. Probably more so than any other. And as weird as it is for me to say, I actually really like this. Sometimes I wonder if the industry wasn't so different, up and down, full of chasing something, making a contact that you must make, finalising a great job that happens to be a rare gig, dealing with such a variety of people all in different roles and of different egos and always going through some sort of change, I wonder if I would be so into it? It's not just about the shoes and the clothes. It's about business and people and creating something special with fashion. And the feeling of an exciting job or new challenge, making another group of great contacts and seeing a vision come to life, playing a great part (and the most fun part) of that vision of a job is SUCH an accomplishing feeling.

This past year has been my biggest, business-wise. I have gained more work that I am enjoying, have met lots of interesting people with great experiences and am feeling so happy about where I am and what I am doing. I have learnt to be assertive when it comes to my work, share my ideas and create some really cool things. Most of all, I have learnt to block out the negatives and go for what I want.

I have so much creativity going through my mind and the business skills to go with it. I feel some good things coming...

I really do appreciate the following from all of you who are reading this. Thank you for reading this blog, I hope to have lots more styling work to share with you on here! Also, thank you for your likes on my Facebook page, the followings on Tumblr and all of your support! Please keep it all coming, it makes me smile :)

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/HayleyCooperStylist

Tumblr - http://hayleycooperfashionstylist.tumblr.com/


Hayley xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment